VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2005

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:24:41 -0600
It was not nor will it ever be my intention to open ANY debate about the Civil War, its motivations, causes, results and places in history.  For those who feel my comments inflammatory, I am sorry.

Believing that all of history has a place in genealogy, it was my intention to relate to those who may be unaware of the fact that the flag of the Confederate States was not what we know as the battle flag, and those who were citizens of the CSA well knew that.  There my comments ended, and there should those end.  Paul