VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2009

Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:22:59 -0400
Revolutionary War question...

If a man was repeatedly fined for not reporting for duty in the Revolutionary War is that enough proof that he did NOT serve in this war?

I'm the Assistant Registrar for our local Daughters of the American Revolution chapter, and am helping a potential member with her DAR application.  We haven't run across this problem before.  I've found several pieces of evidence that this woman's ancestor was ASSIGNED to a unit in the Revolutionary War, but he NEVER REPORTED for duty, and was FINED for not showing up.  This fellow is not listed in the DAR Patriot index, and no other members have joined the DAR under his name.

For anyone who has books on the Revolutionary War, perhaps you would take some time and look him up in them?  Here's the info on him:
name:   Conrad REPP
location:  Berks County, Pennsylvania

Thanks for your help.
Sandy