VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Dave Goodman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:00:25 -0500
Well, I for one am confused. Since I use the "chart" method and taking
Pete's example;
"I have a
  cousin, whom I'll call L, whose 4th great-grandfather (I'll call him H) is
  my 2nd great-grandfather.  Counting up my line, we are third cousins twice
  removed; counting up his line, we are fifth cousins twice removed (removal
  in the opposite sense)."

The chart displays, 3rd cousins, twice removed.
How can it be any different?

Dave Goodman

The GOODMAN Clearinghouse
http://www.bcpl.net/~dmg