VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2010

From:
Marvin and Judith Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 16:21:05 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post of a couple of days ago raising questions about some of the complaints some recent posts have made about the ways in which Ancestry.com is being utilized by many of us.  I appreciate each and every one of the responses and have learned from them!

Forgive me also for (in a "senior moment"?) writing that I was nearing "four score and ten."  The phrase I intended is, of course, "three score and ten."  I have a good chance of reaching the latter number within a few weeks; but I'll need both good fortune and good health over the next couple of decades to achieve the former designation.

Good research; good authentication; and best wishes to all, Marvin Reed
PS:  I have no connection with Ancestry.com (other than my monthly "dues" and my excitement at all the revelations about my ancestry that I continue to find there).

"Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."

--Chinese Proverb

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."

--Saint Augustine

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."

--Soren Kierkegaard

"One of the tragedies of life is the murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts" - La Rochefoucauld

"As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to live it more and more."

--Jules Renard