VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2005

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:05:08 -0800
Can anyone tell me whether the widow of a soldier who was killed in the
Revolutionary War was eligible for a pension or bounty land?  I've seen
many pension application files, but don't remember seeing any in which
a widow was seeking pension or bounty land based on the service of a
soldier who was killed in action.  I have an ancestor (as yet
unidentified) who died between the birth of his son about 1779 and the
remarriage of his widow in 1790.

Thank you!

Scott