VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2000

From:
Robert Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 15:35:40 -0800
I'm sure all of you are just as tired of this on-going
"dog fight" - (won't attempt to take sides here) - as
I am.

The thought I wish to propose is that since BOTH hand
counts AND "machine" counts are obviously so slow,
costly, and unreliable, it goes almost without saying
that we had BETTER fix the problem if our "Democratic"
way of life is to survive.

I'm also sure most of you have traded at various stores
which use the "touch screen" accounting systems at their
checkout stands. You don't have to find the hole which
lines up with the item - you touch THE ITEM to select it
and the display changes color or whatever of the display
of the item name. If an erroneous entry is made, simply
touching the RIGHT one changes the selection - instant
unmistakable "feedback" to the operator.

If we had taken all the monies spent by the politicians,
news media, and all the other folks who want to meddle,
muddle, delay, distort, and such on this election, we
could have bought,
installed, and paid for such a system with all necessary
security measures, installed in each and every citizen's
home, and the results of the election would be complete
and accurate as modern technology can make it 30 seconds
or less after the last poll "closes"

Robert Lewis
2593 S. E. Alder St.
Hillsboro, OR 97123