VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:43:26 -0400
I think most of us have used "professionals" (and I use that term
loosely) at one time or another but their research is not on a "personal
level" and they have rules we must follow and have a minimum charge
(costly).

Why should Frank Murray or any one else who picks up small change and is
always available
on a personal level.  We don't have to fill out any forms or send money
in advance.

We all know there are Lists of supposedly skilled researchers but even
then, whoever posts the lists does not guarantee the skill of the
researcher.

I see no problem with anyone who belongs on the list stating when they
are going to some Library for research and giving the date.
They can have a signature (tagline) below their name that will
point out who or what they are doing.  I see that on sites all the time.
I know this is an "off topic" now but  what is stated in this email that
Mr. Murray should do to get on the Lists is not worth it to him.
Besides we don't want a "professional".....we want one of "us"  who
knows what a brick wall is and will  get in there and dig for the
information.