VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2012

From:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:52:14 -0700
Jack,
I had a similar experience with my McKenzie line. I match no one who has
that surname, but have a very close match with Cantrells, Phillips, Brimms,
Giles, West and Hutchins. This was thru Y DNA testing with FTDNA.

I did autosomal testing with 23andMe and recently transferred those results
to FTDNA's FamilyFinder program. I found 2 new genome wide matches. One
person has the Almquist surname and the other has the Howle surname. My
maiden name is Stith and for 20 years because I consider myself African
American, I never expected to connect to the European Stith family. Well
last week I made a connection thru the Almquist and Howle surnames to the
family of Drury Stith and Elizabeth Buckner. The great thing is that I have
always that there was some connection to this Stith/Jones family line, but
never thought it was genetic.
Linda