VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2001

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:39:36 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/01 5:03:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< NOTE: there are _no_ digital images of documents accompanying these

For those of you interested (and I don't know if this has been mentioned
here)..

As a companion to Elizabeth's great news -- With respect to those Virginia
land grant certificates awarded in Kentucky, they have been online at a KY
state website for about two years.  It is searchable by both name and Warrant
number (four digits only.), and summarizes the years of service, unit, and
number of acres.  There is a digital image of the certifcate itself directly
below the description (you don't have to click a link, etc.).

The search engine is here --  http://www.sos.state.ky.us/intranet/Revwscr.htm

I don't know if Ohio has a similar site, since none of my direct lines ever
strayed that far north (that I know of anyway).

Hope this helps

Good Luck!!

Janet (Baugh) Hunter