VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2009

Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 14:52:07 -0400
Hello, All -

Thank you for responding to me about "toon". I just returned from the
Library of Virginia where I obtained the microfilm

of  Benjamin Milam's  Inventory of 23 DEC 1782 in Bedford County, Will Book,
pages 432 - 433. I have attached a

scan of page 433. As plain as day, it reads "Old Iron 19/6" and "1 Flat Iron
2/". It is difficult to  understand how this was

transcribed into "toon".

When I posted my query, I was trying to help a friend who sent me a typed
copy of the Inventory and his query about "Toon".

I couldn't find a definition and thought that I would run it by the LIST.
This exercise emphasizes how important reading

the original is. I appreciate all of your input and the useful books which
some suggested - very good resources for me.

William Milam