VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2001

From:
Beverly Brunelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:05:30 EDT
Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth!  I have the Ancestry.com subscription
- AND the 1850 census scans from www.genealogylibrary.com - I much prefer the
genealogylibrary.com scans to the ones on Ancestry.com.  Don't get me wrong -
I am glad that I have access to so many more census via Ancestry.com - but
wish they were of the quality of genealogylibrary.com - and with the
functionality of genealogylibrary.com.  I can save an entire page  - readable
size  - and prints great.  I have to do "editing" to the ones on Ancestry.com
- and when I do a whole page - and have to blow it up as big as the ones on
genealogylibrary.com - they are pretty crummy - so I have to save partial
images from ancestry.com.   Also, the Mr.Sid plug in used by Ancestry.com is
very "clumsy" and slow, compared to genealogylibrary.com.  Also - most on
Ancestry.com are NOT indexed - so it's a long SLOW process to find someone.
The 1850 on genealogylibrary.com is quite searchable.

If www.genealogylibrary.com EVER puts ALL the cenus on line in the format of
the 1850 - that's where I will be!!!

Just my opinion - so don't anybody cream me for my view of the comparison of
the two!  I live in Wyoming  - so have to use the interenet for searches - to
the extreme - so I tend to get picky when I have to spend money for something
like this!

Beverly

Researching the following lines: BIALI/BIALE, BORDELON, BREWER, BRUNELLE,
CARBO, EDMONDSON, ETHERIDGE, LABORDE, LANDRY, LEEBURG,  MASCARO,
NORMAND/LENORMAND, PONS, ROBERTS, ROTJER, SHOEMAKE, TALTAVULL,
TERRAL/TERRELL, WHATLEY ,WHITTINGTON,  LOWE, HYATT.