VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2000

Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:46:10 EDT
Well, I hope this isn't heresy :-), but the rootsweb Goochland list has
recently becoming very active with a number of knowledgeable researchers.
Any of you with ancestors there might consider joining.

Best Regards from a person who nearly fell asleep at the wheel on Route 522
in Goochland when taking an impromptu, scenic side trip home (Alexandria)
through my ancestor's counties of Amelia/Powhatan/Cumberland/Goochland after
dropping daughter off at college in Charlottesville in late August.  I
FINALLY found a coffeemaker (kindly put to use for my benefit) at what can
only be described as a General Store there (my primary memory of which is an
incredible array of different styles and colors of toilet plungers (clear
plastic handles, bright pink bulbs), never equalled at Home Depot).

The countryside is absolutely beautiful, just bring a thermos bottle with
coffe beforehand, also extra film for a camera.  Also, make sure you have
enough gas to get you many miles if you want to stay off the main highways.

My best, Janet Hunter

http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html.