VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2013

Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 18:41:31 -0400
The game was scare because they were on a island. The whole basis for the
colony was to supplement rations from England with trading with the natives.
 Powhaten decided to end the trading to try to starve them out because he
know  that the ships would be long in coming. It wasn't until later John
Rolfe came  and start producing a cash crop, tobacco, that the colony succeeded.

Robert Shotzberger

In a message dated 5/3/2013 5:04:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,