VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2014

From:
Hilary Derby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 08:21:04 -0400
Good morning!

The following is a listing of slave owners with the surnames of Stephens
and Tyler found in:.

Virginia Slave Births Index 1853-1865. Volume 5,  S-Z

Alexandria Library

Local History/ Special Collections

Leslie Anderson Morales, Editor

Beverly Pierce, Assistant Director

Heritage Books, 2007  Five Volumes

Pages give following information: Informant’s Surname, Informant’s First
Name; Slave’s Name; Mother’s Name; Date of Birth; Place of Birth

*OWNER  SURNAME*                        *COUNTY*

*STEPHENS:*

A.                                                         Greene

Eliza, Henry                                         Amherst

George                                                Frederick

Geo. B.                                               Albemarle

George J.                                             Greene

J. B.                                                    Henrico

J. G.                                                    Greene

J. H.                                                    Fauquier

James N.                                             Greene

John                                                     Montgomery

John                                                     Rockingham

Louisa V.                                              Stafford

Mary                                                     Orange

Nancy W.                                              Halifax

Theo                                                     Greene

Theodosia                                             Greene

Thos M.                                                 Bedford

W. H.                                                    Fredericksburg

Was W.                                                Southampton

Wm.                                                     Spotsylvania

Wm. A.                                                 Fauquier

Wm. A.                                                 Spotsylvania

Wm. H.                                                 Spotsylvania

Wm. J.                                                 Orange

Wm.                                                     Orange

There are also many listed under the surname Stevens

*TYLER*

(Miss)                                                  Loudoun

(Misses)                                               Loudoun

Catharine & Eliza                                  Hanover

Elizabeth & Catharine                            Hanover

G. W. H.                                              Richmond City

Geo.                                                    Caroline

Geo.                                                    Louisa

Geo. B.                                                Prince William

Jno.                                                     Charles City

Jno.                                                     Spotsylvania

Jno.                                                      Prince William

Jno. W.                                                 Prince William

Jno. W.                                                 Fauquier

Jno. W.                                                 Nelson

John J.                                                  Loudoun

L. G.                                                     Buckingham

Lawson G.                                             Buckingham

M. V.                                                     Hanover

Madison V.                                             Hanover

Margaret                                                 Hanover

R. B.                                                      Henrico

Robt  H.                                                 Prince William

Thos F.                                                  Spotsylvania

W. E.                                                     Hanover

W. H.                                                    Westmoreland

Wat H.                                                  Hanover

Watt H.                                                 Hanover

William E.                                             Hanover

Wm F.                                                   Norfolk

Tylers, (Miss)                                         Loudoun

Tylor, Jno D.                                           Hanover

Tylor, Penelope                                      Loudoun

*Hilary G. Derby, Ph.D.*

*Tree Branches Unlimited,  LLC, *
*Member, Association of Professional Genealogists*