VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2006

From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:24:58 -0800
Thanks for responding, Tom.

   In searching for a new html editor, I did download/uninstall a couple different software programs a week or so ago, and although I can't find any trace of these programs remaining in my system (even checked  the registry),  it's possible something is wrong on my end.  Before I mess around too much --it's dangerous!--   would like to know if LVA did or did not make changes in how their pages are used.

  Maybe you or someone else will go http://www.lva.lib.va.us/siteindex/index.htm, scroll down and click on Historical Inventory, enter a search surname and click on any item that comes up, then click on the URL for the folder.  When it comes up, click on "Document" or any page and see what happens.    Usually, when I did this, the page opens.  Now, I get a message asking if I want to save the page to my computer, and the page will NOT  open on site.

  Joanne

  Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Have you upgraded your operating system or started using a new computer
recently?

Tom
Royalty to Rogues
http://www.l-dunaway.net/