VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2004

From:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:45:24 -0500
HATCHER website: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/faq.htm
HATCHER DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatDNA.htm
Researching: Cook, Hall, Hatcher, Shepherd, Timberman
"Genealogy without Documentation is Nothing" - Paul Drake

Thanks to all who have provided definitions of "in-law" in our earlier
records. Since in my case, John Hardaway's sister allegedly married Henry
Hatcher, it would seem that Henry should likely have been referred to as a
"brother" (and I have seen this term used in place of brother-in-law). Since
he was not, the possibility that Henry may have been a step-brother raises
some most interesting questions that, if proveable, would mean we've got at
least one major error in our Hatcher documentation.

Thanks a bunch,
Nel