VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:21:44 EST
In a message dated 11/4/2003 2:14:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
<
On the subject of DNA testing could two people who were descended from the
same family five or six generations back prove their ancestry to those
ancesters with DNA testing on the living distant cousins?

Yes, that is the premise that we are using in our DNA Projects.  The
participants must be direct male descendants of the ancestor in question and must
carry the surname. In other words the line cannot be broken by a female.

Take a look at all the surname DNA projects that are being conducted.  Go to
the results and see all the matches that have been made.

http://www.duerinck.com/surname.html

Julia French Wood