VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2008

From:
Rose Compton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 02:21:14 EDT
I'm looking for information on private  family cemeteries in the Henry Co.
region of VA.
Specifically the families of Compton and Eggleton and in the Leatherwood
District.
  I'm looking for the final resting place of Martha Brown Eggleton,  the
daughter of Thomas & Mary Freeman (Fleeman ?) Eggleton and her husband  James
Compton.  James was a Civil War Veteran, so his grave may (or not) be  marked as
such. I feel certain that Thomas & Mary will also be in this  cemetery.
   For reasons of my own, I believe that the they are buried  on Eggleton
Family property, in a private cemetery.  (Family owned  land)
  I plan to travel to that area in the spring and if ANYONE can give  me
directions to ... or assist with an addy or name of someone who might  know, I'd
be most appreciative!!  All I need is a few clues to send me on  my way!
Any assist in this area would be most appreciated !!!!!

thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me.

Rose Compton