VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2014

From:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:50:30 -0500
I need a kind soul who has Clarke Co, VA marriage records for 1882ish.
(first child born 1883.)

Benjamin T. Harper was b. 4 Aug 1835 in VA , d. 8 Nov 1902. He married
Martha Barrett,. d/o Benjamin Barrett.  She was b. Aug 1847, d. 4 Jan 1918
according to her gravestone.  Martha was living at home with her widowed
father in the 1880 census for Frederick Co.  Although Benj and Martha were
from Frederick Co, their marriage is not recorded in the records of that
county.

Benjamin had a farm in or near Wadesville, a "town" on the Clarke/Frederick
line, sometimes claimed by Clarke, sometime by Frederick as best I can figure
out.

Grateful for any help.
M. Preston