VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:39:12 -0400
A few thoughts....

These lists always slow down in the summer.

There have always been those who want a "quick" family history, real or
imagined... those who manipulate data, patch together facts.

The indoctrinated, people who are truly interested in family history, have
learned to dig through records at courthouses, etc. and leave heresay for
the more careless researchers.

The "faint of heart" soon are weeded out and we are left with the old
"die-hards"  which is why the likes of you and I are still here.

One of the older....:)
M. Preston