VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2000

Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:18:56 EST
I am forwarding this message I received on the Raleigh County, WV list with
permission of the submitter. I though someone might be able to help with her
dilemma.

Sincerely,

Mike Peters

Hi all,

I am trying to locate a will for Charles Lewis CLAY, b. 06 January 1804,
Montgomery Co., VA; d. 05 December 1884, Raleigh Co., WV; m. Ora STEWART 21
August 1830, Fayette Co., (W)VA.

I would like absolute proof that Greenville CLAY is the son of Charles Lewis
CLAY.  The 1850 Raleigh Co. census does list Green as the son of Charles and
Ora CLAY, but a will would be so much better for my documentation for DAR.

Thanks for your help.
Sandy Spradling