VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:29:34 -0400
Hi,

Thank you to everyone who answered my question about what was included in The Old Dominion besides VA. I remembered the following site that shows for each state what was included at different times in history:

http://www.segenealogy.com

I remembered the segenealogy.com site. The following map shows what was included the year before the birth of my ancestor (b. 1794).

http://www.segenealogy.com/virginia/va_maps/va_cf.htm

Lee Anne

Ohio was the bounty land area. If you see old records Ky and Ohio were where the military lands were.
Maryland the border shifted. So depending what day/year depended on what state you were born
Sharon

Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Thanks Sharon. I didn't know about Maryland and Ohio.
  Lee Anne