VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2006

Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:40:16 -0500
I just want to clarify some of what Houston said about AL obits.  You can
get copies of death records, marriage records, divorce records, and birth
records from any office of the Alabama Department of Public Health.  The
charge is $12.00 for each copy.  If you go early in the day, you will
probably get the copy on the same day.  They cannot guarantee same-day
service after 12:00 noon.  You can also go online to the department website,
and download a form to mail to the department.  They also give you the
option of ordering electronically, through a service called VitalCheck, but
it costs $10.00 more.

The url for the health department is:
http://ph.state.al.us/chs/VitalRecords/VRECORDS.HTMl

I hope this helps!