VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2001

From:
Kimberly Wimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kimberly Wimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:36:15 -0400
I've been trying to find out where in Albemarle County my 6th ggrandfather
Samuel Munday was from. In 1820 he applied for his military pension as due
him for serving in the Revolutionary War. The record states that he
personally appeared at the Albemarle County Court House, but didn't say
where in Albemarle County he was from. However, after further reading I
discovered that his certificate, and Pension were sent to the town of
Milton. Also, in the Albemarle County Deed Book 3 his father Samuel Munday
Sr., is listed as purchasing 50 acres of land in 1762 on the north side of
Turkey Creek, and further states that his land borders land owned by a
Thomas Dowel, and a William Hall. Perhaps someone will know if this land
was within the vicinity of Milton.

Thank you,
Kimberly Wimmer