VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:30:02 -0600
Wallace of "Braveheart"....

I've been working on this one...  My gggGrandfather is a McDowell aka  a McDougal from Scotland.  His Grandfather fought in the Siege of Ireland and a lot of other battles.  He came from Scotland during Cromwell's era.  Just haven't been able to get him back to the ""Braveheart" yet.  Gonna have to check in with Caroline and see if she can connect him for me.  In the mean time I'm gonna keep trying.....  My gggGrandfather McDowell wrote the constitution for the new state of Kentucky in 1792.  He was also a dashing - very handsome dude.

No more computer time for me today - Grandsons coming tomorrow for a couple of weeks.  Gotta get some ice cream and brownies made.  Talk to you all later.

fern
www.bufordfamilies.com