VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2014

From:
Cynthia McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:12:55 -0400
It has been a while since I looked at my Webb and Martin information.  The
last time there was discussion about that line, it was suspected that Ann
Martin and Elizabeth (unknown) were two different women.  The birthdate of
Ann Martin is known through parish records.  Her recorded name is Ann Martin
not Elizabeth Ann Martin.  Further, her last 2 children would have been born
after she was 50.  Lastly, she would have been 97 when she died in 1805.
Thus, it is suspected that Ann Martin and the Elizabeth who was referred to
in the will of Merry Webb are two different women.

I have the following for the family of Merry Webb:
MERRY WEBB was born in 1697 in Martinville, Henry Co., VA1. He died between
06 Feb
1774-15 Feb 1779 in Camden Parish, Pittsylvania (Henry Co), VA. He married
(1) ANN MARTIN,
daughter of Martin Martin and Sarah Hix, about 1723 in Martinville,
Pittsylvania (Henry Co.) VA.
She was born on 08 Aug 1708 in St. Peter's Parish, New Kent Co., VA2. She
died before 1757 in
Henry Co., VA2. He married (2) ELIZABETH about 1757. She was born before
17403. She died in
1805.
Merry Webb and Ann Martin had the following children:
2. i. MILLIAN2 WEBB4 was born on 30 Aug 1723 in Henry Co., VA5. She died on
03 May
1803 in Wilkes Co., NC6-7. She married Samuel Hall, son of John Hall and
Sarah
Heard, in Oct 1755 in Culpeper, VA6. He was born on 30 Aug 1723 in New Kent
Co., VA5, 8-9. He died on 05 Apr 1792 in Wilkes Co., NC10-12.
3. ii. MARTHA WEBB was born about 1725 in Henry Co., VA2. She died in 1796
in Erwin,
TN13. She married (1) THOMAS DILLARD JR.. He was born about 1725 in Essex,
VA14-15.
4. iii. MARTIN WEBB was born about 173016. He died after Aug 1816 in
Edmonson Co.,
KY17.
iv. MARY WEBB was born about 173518. She married ? Burns before 1774.
v. JOHN WEBB was born on 30 Oct 1739 in Virginia13. He died after Feb 1785
in Wilkes
Co., NC13, 17.
5. vi. MERRY WEBB JR. was born in 1743 in Henry Co., VA13. He died after 17
Jun 1816 in
Washington Co., TN17. He married (1) ELIZABETH DAVIDSON. She was born about
175019.
Merry Wenn Webb and Elizabeth had the following children:
vii. ELIZABETH WEBB was born about 175718. She married (1) ? SAMMS.
viii. LUCY WEBB was born about 176020. She married Thomas Dooley Jr. in
1779.

1 Richard Hall, [log in to unmask]; www.netten.net/~bethg/hall/hall_l_to_z.html
(5/99).
2 Berneice Saylor, [log in to unmask]
3 Me, Guess.
4 Merry Webb Sr. Will (6 Feb 1774).
5 Francie Lane, [log in to unmask] 1/2003.
6 Robert Ransom, [log in to unmask] (10/2004).
7 Richard Hall, [log in to unmask]; www.netten.net/~bethg/hall/hall_l_to_z.html
(5/99).
Marvin Dwane & Jeanette Groosman Persinger, Dwane LDS Family Record
(AF97-120146),
AF97-120146.
8
St. Peter's Parish Register (New Kent Co., VA), p. 86. Sam, son of Jno. Hall
born Augst ye
30, 1723.
9
10 Wilkes Co. Will Book, I:323. Cited in Richard Hall 7/2/99, David & Samuel
Hall Descendants.
11 Robert Ransom, [log in to unmask] (10/2004), exact date.
12 Richard Hall, [log in to unmask]; www.netten.net/~bethg/hall/hall_l_to_z.html
(5/99).
13 E. Hallman, [log in to unmask] http://myweb.inetnow.net/~ehallman/.
14 Berneice Saylor, [log in to unmask], location only.
15 Guess, date only.
16 Guess.
17 Winnie Whitaker, [log in to unmask] (7/2002).
18 Triplett/Stoots Family (Leslie Triplett Miller).
19 Clay Keller.
20 Maria Bobo.

Cynthia McDaniel