VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2012

Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:27:13 -0500
Did you mention the time frame for the records? I didn't see it. Pre - 1917
 records are at NARA. Post - 1917 can be ordered easily online at:
_http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/_
(http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/)

I use a private researcher to get files from NARA. It is  generally much
faster and about 1/2 the price. The person I use is an APG  member and was
recommended to me by others on  APG. If anyone is  interested you can contact
me privately and I'll get the information to you. You  could also search the
APG list and find researchers available.

Judi

"Puzzles of the Past"
_http://puzzlesofthepast.blogspot.com/_
(http://puzzlesofthepast.blogspot.com/)

What  do you hold so close to your own circle of life that you would not
put a price  on it? What would it be for you? For me, it is the mountains and
the people of  Appalachia.”

Larry Gibson, Keeper of the Mountains

In a message dated 11/24/2012 3:11:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,