VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2005

Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:03:55 EDT
Looking for service information on a Grandville Beverlin who was born circa
1840-41, & maybe in Marion County, VA/WV. According to information I have
gathered from family members, he was mustered in at Ravenswood, VA/WV in 1861,
was wounded-in-action (battle unknown), lost a leg & was mustered out in
November of 1864. I have also been told that he was a private in the 11th  &/or 4th
regiments. I don't know if that's infantry, cavalry or artillery.  Also am
unsure whether he served in a VA or WV outfit. He was living in the  Kanawha
County, WV area from 1883-1890 & his wife was Perinilla  Elizabeth Beverlin
(unsure of maiden name.)

Thank you in advance for any information.

Sincerely,

Mike  Peters