VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:34:17 GMT
Everyone,
Please join me at George Washington Birthplace on July 24-25th, for a Presentation of my book Pieces of the Quilt: The Mosaic of an African American Family. I will be reading section on four generations of my ancestors, who were born in Westmoreland County; Lydia Hilliard (1690), Mary Monroe (1710), Mary Bowden (1730), and Patty Bowden (1752). Lydia Hilliard and Mary Monroe were Servants to the Monroe Family, and Mary Bowden was born in the Monroe Household. Mary and Patty Bowden were Indentured Servants to Augustine Washington Senior.  There is much more to their stories, and that will be a part of my presentation.

If there are any specific questions or comments, please email me.

Anita L. Wills
Pieces of the Quilt Website
http://pcsquilt.com
Anita Talks Genealogy