VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Don Trent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Trent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:34:17 -0500
Deborah,

Thank you for your response. I really need to apologize for failing to mention
that I was hoping for some proof of the parents of Zachariah. I and many
other Trent researchers have placed the parents of Zachariah as the son of
Alexander Trent (1726-1803) and Elizabeth Scott (1730-bet 1780-92) based
on circumstances rather than any genealogical proof. Many have tried to tie
Zachariah to the very well known Alexander Trent III (1728-1793) and
Elizabeth Woodson, however this is not correct. The extensive documentation
on this Alexander Trent III of Barter Hill Cumberland County makes it very
unlikely he is a direct ancestor of my Zachariah. DNA Testing of several male
Trent’s clearly shows that there is no direct connection.

The persistent error of stating that the father of Alexander III married Frances
Allen unfortunately continues to be repeated by many. Alexander Trent II was
born abt. 1703 and he married Frances Archer in 1728. She was the daughter
of John Archer and Martha Field. In a letter written in 1893 by Thomas W.
Trent from his Bell Branch Plantation in Buckingham County to answer a
lineage question explains his  family lineage and states “…that is the way we
are related to the Virginia Archers…”

My documentation is included with my file at the rootsweb link in my signature
line. Sorry I was not clearer in my query request as to my interest in some
proof of Zachariah’s parents. I am always hoping that someone may have
some personal knowledge based upon handed down family papers.

Regards,
Don Trent in Texas
My Family History research is now located at:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~ht1642/
and: http://dtpm64.googlepages.com/home For information on the Trent
surname Y-DNA project visit: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Trent%
20Y-DNA%20Project/