VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2003

From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Levy, Suzanne S.
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:51:06 -0500

African American Genealogy Program

Featuring Char McCargo Bah of Stafford, Virginia

Saturday February 8, 2003

Part I: Getting Started in Tracing Your Ancestry.  11:00 a.m.

Part II: Moving back from the 1870s to the early 1800s.  2:00 p.m.

Fairfax City Regional Library

3915 Chain Bridge Road

Fairfax VA 22030

Char McCargo Bah holds a B.A. in Urban Studies with a minor in African
and African American History. She has done genealogical research since
1982 and has published several articles on her family as well as
"Uncovering Post and Pre-Civil War Slave Ancestral Surname Changes in
Virginia Part 2", which appeared in volume 19, no. 2 of the Journal of
the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society. She is the
co-author of "Surnames Assumption behind the Big House: Identifying
Slave Owners through Various Methods", to be published in 2003.

To Register Call 703-293-6227 or to request further information call
703-293-6383.

If you can make it tomorrow please feel free to come without registering
beforehand. Our parking lot is clear as are the streets in Fairfax City.
I will be here until six today and will be happy to answer any questions
you have at the second phone no. above.