VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:20:14 -0400
To all our friends, family, fellow researchers, and anyone who has expressed interest in our house and/or helped us in our research:

Our home, Westview, built in Charlotte County, VA, in 1832 by John Elam, will be featured on the program "Old Homes Restored" on the cable/satellite station HGTV (Home and Garden TV) on Sunday, June 9, at 6:00 p.m.  It is only about a three minute segment, so don't blink or you'll miss it!

We are still in the restoration phase, and the day it was filmed (last December) was cold, rainy, and miserable, so I'm not sure how it's going to look.  Also, if Earl and I sound like idiots, it's because we had been up painting the dining room until 4:00 a.m. the night before :-)  We also now have more and better furniture than we did when it was filmed!

If you're not interested, please pardon the posting, but many of you have expressed interest over the years so this was the fastest way to notify everyone.  I'm a subscriber to several lists, so please excuse any  multiple messages you receive.  Let us know what you think if you watch it!

Kathy (Erlandson) Liston and Earl Strain