VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Richard Fulton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Fulton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:56:13 -0600
I subscribe to Ancestry.com.    I like it and find it helpful and for me
worth the money.    They currently have 1920 and 1930 complete US Census on
line with Indexes by every household member and including soundex search.
The indexes then link to pulling up the actual census image.    I use it
alot.

1910 Census is not indexes on line with Ancestry.com.    Don't know if it
will be.

 If you are close to one of the 12 National Archives offices, they have
microfilm of the these censuses and soundex indexes (for most states) for
1910, 1920, and 1930.

Also, some major libraries have them also.

Thanks,   Rich Fulton, [log in to unmask]
World Wide Mid-Market Sales Executive, zSeries SW, SWG
IBM, home office
2409 Columbia Drive
Flower Mound, TX. 75022  USA
Phone: 972-724-4794, t/l 450-8996
mobile:  469-360-3875
---------------------- Forwarded by Richard Fulton/Dallas/IBM on 02/05/2004

Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US> on 02/05/2004
10:00:39 AM

Please respond to Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    "Research and writing about Virginia genealogy and family
       history." <[log in to unmask]>