VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2006

From:
Ralph L Dugger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph L Dugger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:23:09 -0800
"Oct. 1746 - Ordered t
I found the following in Surry County records:

"Oct. 1746 - Ordered that Church Warden of Albemarle Parish bind out ETHELDRED baseborn son of Priscilla Bennett according to law."

I know that this means that Priscilla Bennett had an illegitimate child but what, exactly, was happening with this court order?

Thanks for any information.

Ralph Dugger