VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2005

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:36:23 -0500
I am aware of that, thanks, H.B.  The question was could the circuit court or any other court of general jurisdiction declare that from then forward till reconciliation or final divorce there would exist a relationship of a couple as "divorce a mensa et thoro". I was in error, and the correct answer to that question is that the best sources seem to reveal that the Colonial VA courts had no such jurisdiction. Thanks for the comments. Paul