VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2011

Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:35:21 -0500
Your post intrigued me, especially the reference to a museum owned by
James Warrell.

It makes you wonder if any of the exhibits remain, transferred to a
currently existing facility. It sounds as if the Warrell-Lorton museum
was practically next to the privy. No wonder ticket sales declined if
it took all that legislstion and repair to keep the water flowing
under the necessary. It looks to me like the museum was located where
the parking lot for the Capitol Police now sits. I wonder where the
refuse outlet to the James was?  Probably just before the lock to the
east on Canal St. - Must have been a real tourist attraction in the
summer!

Thank you for some very entertaining posts.

Janice