VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2009

From:
jwterry99 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 17:58:28 -0500
    John/Diane,
    I couldn't find anything in the Congressonal Records but then again I
may not have known what I was doing.  I mainly just googled it.
    I checked ancestry.com and they may have him.  There is a Gideon A.
Perry that kept applying for 8 years and finally (apparently) was approved.
Unfortunately it is an index only so I have no way of knowing for sure.  I
assume I have to go thru my Congressman's office to get a copy?
    If this is Gideon Terry, this could be great information!  I checked
Footnote and couldn't find any Gideon Perrys who served in the Revolution
so, so far so good.
Again, many thanks to both of you,
Jim Terry