VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2005

From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:09:25 -0800
Looking for information about Henry "Lt Horse Harry" Lee regarding his land speculation in Botetourt/Rockbridge Co., probably  before 1800.  Particularly interested in any land dealings he may have had on the south side of the James River.  Also researching  rumors that Henry received a challenge to a duel by another officer --Col Thomas Rowland--following a nasty remark made by Henry about Rowland's militia troops.

 I've already searched all land records at LVA without success, and any bios of Henry I've come across to date are pretty scanty about all but his military/political life.  Happy to send to the court house in Lexington for records if I knew what to ask for.   Appreciate any help or clues.  (Yes, Paul, I too,  value clues.)

Joanne Kartak