VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2009

From:
"Carole D. Bryant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:10:44 EST
Thank you, Mr. Moore !

In the case, I'm looking at, the surname of the person placed in
"guardianship" was CHANGED to that of the guardian. So far, all I've found on  the
case is:

"On the motion of John W. Spencer and for reasons appearing to the Court he
 is permitted to qualify as the Guardian of Wm P. Russell, who thereupon
made  oath according to law and together with John H. James his surety entered
into  and acknowledged a bond in the penalty of (150$) one Hundred and
Fifty Dollars  conditioned according to law, which bond is ordered to be
recorded by the clerk  of this Court, the surety being deemed sufficient by the
Court.”                         October 1880

Basically, I'm trying to learn HOW TO FIND OUT who Wm P.  Russell's natural
parents were. It seems like understanding "guardianship" might  be the
first step. Did his father have to be DEAD in order for him to receive a
"guardian." Best I can tell, Wm P. Russell was about 8 years old in 1880.

THANKS !

In a message dated 11/6/2009 8:52:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,