VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:40:01 EST
In a message dated 3/1/2006 11:57:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Does  anyone know of a site where I can find the location of a specific
stream in  Virginia?

The US National Geodetic Survey folks in Colorado have records of all place
names in the USA. I have been surprised by the depths of their records. I have
 not consulted them in many years but there may be on-line links now. If not
I found them to be very responsive to inquires via telephone. They view it as
 their job and their challenge to identify any named location in the US, both
 current and historical.
Charles L.