VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
Joy watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:13:28 -0700
I became a member of DAR in 1996 without a birth certificate for my father--Missouri didn't require them until a few years later.  I sent a copy of that info from Vital Stats-MO and 2 federal census copies--no problem.

Carolyn Pappas has offered her help--you might want to take her up on that. Unless I am mistaken, she was with the genealogy department of DAR for many years.

J. Watkins