VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2011

Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 14:11:27 -0700
Janice,
The main surnames I am researching are, made up of Mulattoes and Free Blacks. The is one white woman, named Lydia Hilliard (b. abt. 1690, d. aft. 1710), who bore a child by a negro man abt. 1710. That child went by the name Mary Monroe, and was the mother of my direct ancestor, Mary Bowden (b. 1730 d. aft. 1810).

Here are the surnames: Bowden (Westmoreland County, Fredericksburg;Monroe (Westmoreland County;Hilliard, (Westmoreland County;Pinn (Northumberland, Lancaster, Dinwiddie, and Amherst County); Evans (Brunswick/Lunenburg/Amherst County); Cooper, (Elizabeth City, Nelson and Amherst County); Lewis (King George County, Fredericksburg, Northumberland County, The City of Richmond, and Henrico County); Jackson, (City of Fredericksburg).

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Anita

Mary and Patty Bowden Foundation

Anita Talks Genealogy - Blog Talk Radio

"If you believe people have no history worth mentioning, it's easy to believe they have no humanity worth defending."
— William Loren Katz
June 18, 2009