VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2008

From:
Cynthia McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:35:36 -0500
I have Joseph Car(e)y b. 31 Mar 1799 in VA, married c 1829 to
Catherine/Katherine (possibly Bacon).  They probably married in Washington
Co., TN.  They were there by 1830 for the census in Washington Co., TN.
This is NOT the Joseph Car(e)y of the same approximate age who went to KY.
Joseph and Catherine died in and are buried in Washington Co., TN.  They had
children:  John, Elijah, Elkanah, Benjamin, Henry F and Sarah Ann between
1830 and 1841.  There is also a Benjamin Car(e)y of similar age (b 1795 in
VA) in Washington Co., TN.  He has children: Amanda, Hannah, James and
Nancy.  Hannah shows up in a census with Joseph (1860) and in remaining
census records with Benjamin including 1870 when he is 75.

I have been searching for him for many years.  The Census records for TN and
VA in 1800 are "lost". They have also been lost for 1810 in TN.

  Does anyone have any information on this Joseph Carey or Benjamin?

Cynthia McDaniel