VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2002

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:55:23 EST
For all of you like myself who have only a few $ to spend on researching my
family.....

The Fairfax County Virginia Library system has what was described to me as a
"mega-subscription" to Gale Publishings databases.    Unbeknownst to probably
everyone out there, Gale Publshing bought Ancestry.com sometime this fall.
and we can only hope that means nothing at all.   Ancestry.com purchased
rootsweb...etc,etc.

The subscription Fairfax County Library has to Ancestry Plus databases  can
be accessed  with a Fairfax County Library Card needed for passord
information.

Their library home page link to databases, then to DaleNet will get you
there.  The password is your easibly obtainable library card ID.

sI hope this helps someone.  I personally have seven library cads ( three VA,
one DC, two MD, plus LVA) much to my mother's shock two years ago when she
thought they were all  credit cards!!

My Best Regards.
Janet Baugh Hunter