VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2008

From:
Eve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:46:11 -0400
Greetings All,

The Surry County, Virginia, Historical Society web site has been updated. The Fall 2008 Newsletter and other items of Surry history have been added.

We have two contributions from Forrest D. King, CG, a compilation of Surry Tax Payers (tithables) from 1668 through 1703, containing 14,581 entries, and a fifty-page paper on the descendants of Thomas Pittman of Surry.  Both of these items are quite long for those of us still working from slow dial-up connections. If anyone has trouble accessing them, please let me know.

We are also happy to let you know that the Society's office will be open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, except for holidays. We have many local research materials not available anywhere else. Check the web site for contact information and location map.

Thanks!

Eve S. Gregory, Web Mistress

Surry County, Virginia, Historical Society and Museums, Inc.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vaschsm/

Surry County VaGenWeb

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vasurry
Sussex County VaGenWeb