VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:07:00 -0600
From: Paul Drake
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: Clarification on question of diseases & etc

Marlene; in my dictionary, "What Did They Mean By That?", I define primogeniture (abolished GA  1777, NC 1784, VA 1785, MD and NY 1786, SC 1791, RI 1798, followed by all other states), descent and distribution, will and estates.  Why not try that?  If you can not, write me privately.  Finally, there were varying naming patterns, often following customs of the country from which an ancestor or his ancestors came.   Paul