VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:17:47 EDT
Thank you Mary and Eric for your replies,

Regarding my interest in the patent language mentioning East Greenwich and
Kent County England, Mary has referred me to and I share with others
interested the extensive discussions of patent forms and boilerplate that are
located in the introduction to many volumes of "Cavaliers and Pioneers"
patent abstracts (but not in Volume V, which is the one I had handy).

This was extremely helpful in raising questions about the Bentley research.
I had not noticed the phrase in patents I have looked at in their full glory,
but most of those are very early patents.

Best Regards,
Janet Hunter