VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2003

Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:12:57 EDT
These people who take information and pass it to others without giving the
original author credit are no more than *gathers of other's infomation*. They
are not genealogist nor can they begin to tell you how to do research. They most
likely have never been inside of a courthouse or a genealogical library and
they cannot begin to tell you *where they obtained* the information. They do
not care. Only that they are the ones who have posted this data on file and that
it makes them look BIG!! I wish we could get rid of them but we cannot. And
unfortunately those who are new to this *hobby* do not know that they are
leaches. My suggestion is what I do. No matter how close someone is to you, how
much you have worked together, do not give them information past your
grandparents towards you and your family. An unwilling cousin shared my data [not her
own] with a jerk who had it all on line. I finally got those living off the site
but was not successful in getting my cousins off. The man has no morals for if
someone asked you to remove some of their own personal family and he refused,
the is the lowest of low. He connects to us at our 4 great grandparents!!
As sad part of the good that the Internet can provide.

Gale Fuller