VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2010

Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:03:18 -0400
It might make a difference as to the status of NC at that time, and if
the NC areas mentioned were within the disputed VA/NC boundary.

You would think that the 'of Nansemond County' would be followed by
Virginia at some point if the land were in another state at that time.

The fact that the grants are recorded in NC is interesting. Is your
grant/deed found in the Virginia deedbooks? Could it be recorded in
both states, I wonder?

Janice