VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2009

From:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:12:12 -0400
s this a lien or sale, loan against his possessions?  Their is some dispute
about whether the John mentioned is John Hiett or John Nutt so I have
inserted the underline.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frederick County Deed Book, vol. 27, page 619-620

Know all men by these presents that I George Probasco in Consideration of
the Sum of four hundred and fifty dollars to me in hand paid at or before
the sealing and delivery of these presents by John ____ the receipt whereof
I do hereby acknowledge have granted bargained and sold and by these
presents do grant bargain and sell unto the said John ______a waggon & team
consisting of four horses with the geers consisting of five pair and a fifth
chain, Bearskins, also a Jackscrew and tent bags.  To have and to hold all
and singular the said above recited articles bargained and sold unto and to
the only proper ….and behoof of him the said John …..the Executor
Administrators or assigns without any claims to me my heirs executor
administrators or assigns and I hereby warrant and defend the said Articles
to the said John ____ against me or any person or persons whatsoever of
which articles I the said George Probasco have put the said John ____in full
possession of all the above recited articles at the sealing and delivering
of those presents.  In Witness ….I have hereunto set my hand and seal this
22nd day of August 1802.

his

This 22 August 1802
George
Probasco

Teste
mark

Abraham Miller

Jacob Poe

It is hereby understood that I am to pay the said John _____ fifty dollar  one
month after this date hereof and then thirty dollar monthly until the sum of
four hundred & fifty dollars is paid which is in consideration of the within
mentioned wagon team & as witness on hand, and seals
his
this 22 August 1802
George    Probasco

Teste